For two intensive weeks, several researchers gathered at the Maison Cocagne to participate in the TRAIL WORKSHOP PARIS 2021. Initiated by the TRAIL Institute (trusted AI Labs) aim at establishing a tradition of collaborative R&D work by gathering, in a single place, a group of senior project leaders, researchers and students, working together in order to collaborate on 8 major challenges for Wallonia using artificial intelligence.
- Challenge 1 (Cenaero): hybridization of models and data towards an augmented engineering (use case: additive manufacturing);
- Challenge 2 (Cenaero): physics-based models and monitoring data with transfer learning for large systems (use case: large-scale building energy performance);
- Challenge 3 (CETIC) : secure reliable privacy-preserving AI
- Challenge 4 (CETIC) : assisting Operations Research on Optimization through Machine Learning;
- Challenge 5 (Multitel) : weakly-supervised Machine Learning – Towards a more general AI;
- Challenge 6 (Multitel) : trustworthy AI for critical systems;
- Challenge 7 (Sirris) : towards a human centric AI powered smart environment with machines, robots, sensors and actuators in an Industry 5.0 perspective (zero-defect, -accident, -burnout objectives);
- Challenge 8 (Sirris): how to reach “first time right” and “consistent product quality” throughout the product development and manufacturing cycle with AI assistive systems?
This workshop was supported by Service public de Wallonie – Recherche under grant n°2010235 « ARIAC BY DIGITALWALLONIA4.AI » and by Wallonie-Bruxelles International.